The following list of reports reflects the latest in findings and outcomes in medical research as presented at major medical meetings and published peer-reviewed medical journals. In this section you can view reports from important congresses as well as summaries of some recently published journal articles. Please let us know if you have a particular area of interest you would like to see covered.

PRIORITY PRESS - SNO 2023: Annual Meeting of the Society for NeuroOncology

A deep dive into neurofibromatosis type 1: Expert experiences and perspectives from SNO 2023

Vancouver, British Columbia / November 15–19, 2023

Vancouver – The Society for NeuroOncology (SNO) is an international organization that brings together clinicians and researchers with an interest in central nervous system malignancies. Although a large part of its focus is on...

MEDICAL FRONTIERS - Garrod Symposium 2015

Progress and Challenges in Recognizing Inborn Errors of Metabolism Presenting with Neuropsychiatric Symptoms

Vancouver, BC / May 21-23, 2015

Vancouver - Niemann-Pick Disease Type C (NP-C) often remain undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for > 5 years due to a lack of physician awareness and the rarity and clinical heterogeneity of the disease. Improved awareness amongst psychiatrists...

PRIORITY PRESS - 7th World Congress of the World Institute of Pain (WIP 2014)

Pain Management: New Approaches in Opioid-Induced Constipation

Maastricht, The Netherlands / May 7-10, 2014

Maastricht - As the population ages, the incidence of chronic pain and resulting use of opioids for treatment is increasing. While opioids provide significant analgesic effect, their benefit is accompanied by common side effects. In an...

PRIORITY PRESS - 20th WFN - World Congress on Parkinson’s Disease and Related Disorders

New Insights into Parkinson’s Disease and Related Disorders: Implications for Therapeutic Intervention

Geneva, Switzerland / December 8-11 2013

Geneva - Parkinson’s disease (PD) was historically thought to be caused by abnormally low levels of dopamine. Low levels of dopamine eventually led to the cardinal symptoms of PD including bradykinesia, rigidity and tremor. It is now...

ABSTRACTS in PERSPECTIVE - Based on presentations from the 29th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS)

ECTRIMS 2013 - Efficacy, Safety, Convenience: The New Reality in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis

Copenhagen, Denmark / October 2-5, 2013

EDITORIAL OVERVIEW: Paul Giacomini, MD, FRCPCAssociate Director, Montreal Neurological Institute Multiple Sclerosis Clinic,Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill UniversityAssistant Professor, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery,...

MEDICAL FRONTIERS - XXI World Congress of Neurology

Early Intervention and a Tailored Approach: Opportunity for Improved Disease Control in the Management of Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis

Vienna, Austria / September 21-26, 2013

Vienna - Of all patients diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS), 90% will have relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS), the other 10% having a primary progressive form of the disease. Without treatment, approximately half of patients...

PHYSICIAN PERSPECTIVE - Viewpoint based on presentations and expert opinion from the New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS) Probiotics, Prebiotics, and the Host Microbiome: The Science of Translation and the 11th Annual Meeting of the International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics (ISAPP)

The Microbiome and the Brain-Gut Axis: A Role for Prebiotics and Probiotics

New York, New York / June 12-14, 2013

Reviewed and Edited by:Eamonn Quigley, MD Chief, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology The Methodist Hospital and Weill Cornell College of MedicineHouston, Texas IntroductionThe influence of gut microbiota on hormone and...

PRIORITY PRESS - SLEEP 2013 - 27th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies

Sleep-Wake Systems Intersected: A New Dawn in the Treatment of Sleep Disorders

Baltimore, Maryland / June 1-5, 2013

Baltimore - Insomnia is a common disorder frequently accompanied by comorbidities, most commonly depression. Historically, it was believed that difficulty in falling or maintaining sleep was due to abnormalities in the sleep system. It is...

MEDICAL FRONTIERS - 28th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS)

Expansion of MS Therapies: Multicentre Phase III Trials of First-Line Oral Agents

Lyon, France / October 10-13, 2012

Lyon - Oral therapies for the control of multiple sclerosis (MS) are poised to proliferate, based on data presented at the 2012 ECTRIMS. Phase III trials have associated several agents with high rates of efficacy both in regard to the risk...

PAGE 1 OF 9   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9